1. Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred - I don't know if I ever went through 30 almost consecutive days of shredding, but my favorite kind of workout is short, intense, and a combination of strength training and cardio. I had similar workout routines when I worked with a trainer, so having the DVD at home is an affordable alternative if there's the space to do it and you don't mind the repetition. I figured out that the rest of her fitness DVD's all build off of the basics that she teaches in this one (and count on the endurance you've apparently built from sticking to it), so although I've owned 3 more of hers, they're way too much for non-committal me. Maybe someday, Jill.
2. Just Dance - Fantastic party game, fun way to burn calories that doesn't feel like work (except in your right arm. Holy cow!). Yes, it's possible to do most of the dances with your remote-holding arm alone (while you veg in a chair or on the couch), but party of not, it's WAY more fun when you get into it. And more calories are burned! And I like to think it makes me a better dancer... there's a lot of room for improvement there.
3. Pacer - Aside from designating time to work out, I'm doing my best to keep moving the rest of the day as well and make taking the stairs and walking the full length of the parking lot (or at least half) a priority. Once a habit it built of staying active, it's a lot easier to keep it up. This was a free pedometer app I found (someday I'll get fitbit!), and although it's not 100% accurate, it's pretty close. Just make sure you have your phone/ipod on your person at all times and the app is running in the background. Gotta make every step count!
4. Juice Plus gummies - Joel and I were introduced to Juice PLus my my wonderful mother-in-law and I don't think I'll ever go back to not taking them. The all-natural fruit and vegetable suppliments don't replace healthy eating, but they help make up what I might miss each day. Especially during pregnancy, I don't want to be cutting any corners when it comes to my health. And they come in gummies, so it's like a fruit snack!
5. Playing - By this, I just mean planning activities that get one off one's ass. For example, I have two adorable nieces in town who LOVE playing at the park. Chasing them around: cardio. Pushing them on the swings: arms (bonus: add squats for a better push and burn in the legs). Joel and I like frisbee, plain old catch with the football, swimming, and riding bikes. Get fresh air if you can; I promise your body will thank you and chances are, you won't regret it.
Until next time!
Until next time!