Linking up with Jen at Conversion Diary!
1. This week I had the privilege of officially joining MOPS International. It was great to join a community of other young moms to see in person (no offense internet friends)! I'm an extrovert SAHM in a tiny town, so it was exhilarating to get out and talk to some fresh faces. Here's to making friends!
2. It has been 6 weeks since Celine was born and I think it's time to start working towards retiring the maternity clothes. I have one great pair of jeans with a full panel that covers my belly, but I bravely ventured to the mall, baby in tow, to figure out how to dress my new body shape. Hourglass to apple is a big transition and I have no idea how to dress it. I squeezed into jeans, but it'll be a while before they fit properly. Motivation jeans much?
3. Speaking of shedding post-baby poundage, I am recently on an exercise high. I'm not a huge fitness guru by any means, but after weeks of being forbidden to challenge myself physically, it felt AMAZING to get outside and go for a long walk with Celine. I am also directionally challenged, so I used Google maps to walk to the library and back (just over 2 miles) but hey, now I know!
4. Celine is finally starting to smile while she is awake, and it absolutely melts our hearts when she smiles right at us in the morning. I haven't snapped a picture yet, but I promise they're coming soon!
5. For those of you who gave me input on the haircut, the votes are in and the damage is done (or more like the damaged hair was removed). I kept it long and added bangs! IT's not that big of a deal and I know very few care, but not much goes on around here so I'll take what I can get. :)
6. The freezer meals are finally gone and it's time to get back in the game. Anyone have any favorite fall recipes they'd like to share?
7. And last but certainly not least: This week we celebrated the feast of my favorite saint, St. Therese the Little Flower! My household, the Franciscan University version of a Cathollic sorority or fraternity, was aptly named The Little Flowers after the beloved Doctor of the Church. It was fun to reminisce on or early Tuesday morning masses, dance parties, pearl obsessions, and celebrating traditions that go back 30-ish years (I've lost count since the last reunion).. I love you girls, past, present, and future!