Linkup time! We're sticking with the theme of the month because frankly, things have been going pretty well around here (despite the colds making a third round), and I'm savoring it for all it's worth.
1. Valentine's day was this month! I love love, and I love Joel. We were so excited to host my brother-in-law for the weekend so the brothers could have some quality time and I could... well, do what I always do, I guess. It was so much fun to have him here and the girls just loved having their uncle around. A few days into the next week, Joel and I celebrated our third Valentine's day together with a fancy dinner out, kid free and everything. I kept telling him I wanted a date date, and he delivered. ;)
2. We are making over our living room! We have been dreaming of this day for basically ever (it feels like). In each of the places we've lived, we have planned the "ideal living space" for our family. I have no idea why it took us so long, given it is the room we spend the majority of our time in. We finally have the big ticket items taken care of and now we're just putting together the finishing touches. Big reveal post coming soon!!!! Here is a teaser that gives away absolutely nothing...
|I'm sure the delivery guy was just protecting Our Lady from the elements.|
4. Speaking of theme dinners and food experiments, Joel also just brought me into the world of fondue cooking. I had only known about it as another way to incorporate cheese or chocolate onto already cooked food, but I was missing out. We joined my mom and my sister's fan for a fondue (and tea party!) night and I was dee-licious. So much so that we had fondue at home the next night too.
5. I chopped off my hair. It was so much fun to have long, but because I'm still not quite in a rhythm with the girls, my hair was more often than not in an unwashed, unbrushed top knot. The post-pardum hair loss returned, and it became time for a change. I love my new "mom cut," but top knots are still my spirit animal.
|Yes, I went to Ash Wednesday mass between the before and after shots.|
7. I've still been chipping away at the #12in12bookchallenge, finally switching it up with a little bit of a tougher read. I'll be writing more about the challenge soon, but for now I hear two little girls waking up from naps. ;)
Any tea or fondue food/recipes we should try? I'm still new at this and open to suggestions!
Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!