1. Let's start with the most fun thing of all the things: Joel and I found a show on Netflix that makes our hearts soar (that might be a small exaggeration). I know we are late to the party on this one, but we have been watching The Great British Baking Show (aka The Great British Bake Off) and we LOVE it. The hosts, judges, and contestants are all so nice to each other and there is no exaggerated drama, pitting the contestants against each other. They are amateurs, each with a day job that is NOT baking... meaning they are there because they just love to bake and they're great at it. The food looks delicious and we are learning so much.
|They're so British. I can't even.|
2. Mother's Day is on Sunday, and in true Rauch family fashion, my gift arrived early and we couldn't wait until the weekend to open it (in our defense, I was having a pretty lousy day). Joel totally NAILED IT and 100% on his own picked out the perfect gift for me.
I had never heard of Origami Owl, but I am pleasantly surprised. Joel found a personalizable charm necklace/locket and added some sparkle and the girls' birthstones. He made sure there was plenty of room in the locket for me to add more charms if I wanted. I'm eyeing the risk charm for Joel (see #1), but for now I LOVE the gift as he gave it. One million points to
3. The weather is warming up, and I am all sorts of motivated. I give most of the credit to the dishwasher Joel installed (husbanding like a boss), but our house has never been cleaner and we have never made as many home-cooked meals. We are eating fresher and healthier (with the exception of the baking) and I definitely feel like my SAHM game is stepped up recently.
4. Included in that motivation is exercise. As soon as the sun comes out my body wants to move. I started chugging through the 21 Day Fix workouts with my sister (it's harder to quit when there's someone else doing it with you) and it's going well... after four days. Today is apparently the hardest. We'll see how long I can keep this up ha ha.
5. We have been chipping away at our master bedroom and it is finally coming together. We still have a few more finishing touches to go (hemming the curtains, putting laundry away, you know, the usual) and I'll share the pictures as soon as we wrap it up. Included is an Ikea Rast makeover, which was another fun date night in. Here's a sneak peek of the new look:
6. My #12in12bookchallenge has hit a small snag... I stopped keeping track of what I have/haven't read, changed up a few books from my original list, and then started chipping away at one that isn't really a page-turner compared to what I'm used to... and now I'm afraid I'm behind. Thank you Linsey for keeping me accountable though... Today I'm re-writing my book list and getting back on it! Now I just need to figure out what to use my audible credit for...
7. Celine is talking way more now, which is a blast. Her words still aren't totally clear, but I love that she can ask to watch Pooh or Daniel on TV and she calls Monica ("Monnie!!") when she wakes up from her naps. We're transitioning them into their room permanently now (still) and my most favorite thing is when they chat with each other in the morning. Kids are awesome (most of the time... sometimes they are less awesome than others. You get it).
Aaaaaand thats all I've got. The sun is out, the stroller tires are pumped, the kiddos are napped and fed, and the sun is out... today you can find me outside with my girls or breaking in the mixer with my first attempt at French bread.