Well hello there! I’m Justine and I am oh so happy you are exploring my little corner of the internet. I am a wife, stay-at-home mom of two beautiful girls, and hopeful homemaker. I love to craft (although I’m not the best at it), watch TV (too much!), and dream up Pinterest parties I will someday host.
I started blogging in college when I dedicated a year of my life to singleness. I decided that I was spending too much time getting wrapped up in dating and I wanted to find myself. God had other plans (as always), but after my year was up, I was having too much fun cataloguing my thoughts to quit. After my husband and I got married, I moved on over here to keep the fun going. ;)
This blog used to be named, "Pearls and a Cup of Coffee." I chose that name because I love to wear pearls (they're classy and elegant and simple and they go with everything!) and, well, coffee is my lifeblood. I have since shortened it to "Justine In Pearls" because it was much easier for my friends and family to remember and honestly, I've been giving tea a try. It's not bad, but I'm not ready to give up the java quite yet.
Here are a few random facts about me, in no particular order:
- If there is orange juice in the fridge, I have to drink some every time I open that door. I have no idea why.
- After watching three seasons of Worst Cooks In America, I’m realizing I might be a bad cook… but I’m working on it.
- I don’t have a dog, but I’ve had two names for future dogs picked out for years.
- I love lists, but I never seem to have everything crossed off of them. I think it’s because I get so excited about making the list, I get ambitious and add too much stuff.
- I made up a #12in12bookchallenge (12 books in 12 months) to make myself read more (and turn off the TV). It’s my second year in, and so far, a success!
- My dear husband and I met on Twitter.
- When I was 10 my bike got away from me and crashed into a tree. And by got away from me, I mean it was my first bike with hand brakes, I did not use them, and I was still on the bike when it crashed. I still have the scar on my lip to prove it!
- If I could speak another language, it would be French. I took five years of Spanish in high school and college, but it got too hard so I switched to French (you know, so I could focus on other classes). It majorly backfired and now I don’t know a lick of either of them.
- I’m passionately Catholic and it’s awesome.
- When I have spare time, I paint my nails. It used to be all the time, now it’s hardly ever. Since when did everyone get so busy?!